[Crystal-develop] g2dtest fails on clipping?
Jorrit Tyberghein
2014-01-13 07:47:34 UTC
Jilare from PS is reporting that since the soc branches have been merged
(don't know which is responsible) he has various problems. For example
DrawPixmap in PS (but only in PS) is drawing pixmaps upside down. The CS
logo in walktest is ok however.

The only problem that he can reproduce in CS is that g2dtest line clipping
is not correct and I can actually reproduce that problem too. The test with
the three boxes and lines is not showing any lines. So it appears some
things have been broken indeed. Anyone has a clue about what is wrong here?

Greetings,
--
Project Manager of Crystal Space and CEL
(http://www.crystalspace3d.org/<http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Main_Page>
Support: https://www.gittip.com/jorritTyb/
Matthieu Kraus
2014-01-13 08:02:36 UTC
Dunno about the line one, but for DrawPixmap: the opengles branch had
a change to our DrawPixmap function (seems a slightly modified version
of my old working version from my work on deferred/RMs in general)
which instead of relying on blocking fixed functionality uses the
vertex buffer of a scrap rectangle to draw it. This should
(theoretically) have no side effects besides a performance degradation
due to yet to be identified reasons, however PS' PAWS does quite some
magic, so it might very well be possible it relies on some specifics
of the old way of drawing the pixmaps.

Also: I'm not sure what was changed compared to my old working
version, but I tried my old tests in PS for benchmarking reasons as
DrawPixmap is pretty much the biggest bottleneck for PS for me and
they were working fine (at least on my system) back then, however I
did encounter some issues when working on the RTT stuff for PS back
then where (some) intel drivers flipped the y coordinates while other
drivers didn't - not sure this applies here, but it may be part of the
issue.

regards,
RlyDontKnow