[Crystal-develop] Status of Cg within CS as a legacy technology?
Phil Wyett
2014-04-20 12:56:19 UTC
Hi all,

What is the status of Cg now within CS as it is no longer under active
development by nvidia?

Regards

Phil
--
Phil Wyett
{
}
Jorrit Tyberghein
2014-04-21 14:27:16 UTC
Ah I wasn't aware of that. Does that mean that CG is dead or has it been
taken over by someone?

Greetings,
Post by Phil Wyett
Hi all,
What is the status of Cg now within CS as it is no longer under active
development by nvidia?
Regards
Phil
--
Phil Wyett
{
GNU Linux User and Developer
Leigh GNU Linux User Group (http://leigh.lug.org.uk)
IRC: philwyett
Twitter: philwyett and leigh_lug
}
Project Manager of Crystal Space and CEL
(http://www.crystalspace3d.org/<http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Main_Page>
)
Project Manager of AresEd (https://code.google.com/p/ares/)
Support: https://www.gittip.com/jorritTyb/
Phil Wyett
2014-04-21 14:44:17 UTC
Post by Jorrit Tyberghein
Ah I wasn't aware of that. Does that mean that CG is dead or has it
been taken over by someone?
Greetings,
See: https://developer.nvidia.com/cg-toolkit

It is dead and though there is the already available downloads for now.
Making use of it would be a wasted use of time and resources imho.

Regards

Phil
--
Phil Wyett
{
}
Mike Gist
- Mike
Naman Gupta
Jorrit Tyberghein
2014-04-22 08:23:17 UTC
Can someone try to get the missing parts from CG over to GLSL (like this
reflection clipping and anything else that we might still miss).