[Crystal-develop] Apricot-related binary celstart for Linux/x86
v***@club-internet.fr
2008-07-26 05:50:46 UTC
Hello,

I made a static binary build for CELStart from tagged CS V1.9pre20080725 and
CEL trunk (r3575), which also contains tools like walktest, docconv, cslight, lighter2 and
basemapgen (poor chickens ;-).
I didn't have a chance to checkout and test Apricot SVN yet, so I'd be glad if someone
could tell me if the executables are OK with it...

http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/apricot-celstart-py25-linux-x86.tar.bz2

Should be usable for anything else, although that afterwards it struck me that none of
those apps except basemapgen has support for terrain2
(not being listed in static plugins lists).
Probably that should be changed at least for walktest, celstart, and others too...
v***@club-internet.fr
2008-07-27 14:13:34 UTC
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
Hello,
I made a static binary build for CELStart from tagged CS V1.9pre20080725 and
CEL trunk (r3575), which also contains tools like walktest, docconv, cslight, lighter2 and
basemapgen (poor chickens ;-).
I didn't have a chance to checkout and test Apricot SVN yet, so I'd be glad if someone
could tell me if the executables are OK with it...
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/apricot-celstart-py25-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Should be usable for anything else, although that afterwards it struck me that none of
those apps except basemapgen has support for terrain2
(not being listed in static plugins lists).
Probably that should be changed at least for walktest, celstart, and others too...
An updated build, using CS r30562 and CEL r3575, also added CEL's bootstrap:
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/celstart-CSr30562-CELr3575-linux-x86.tar.bz2 (28.2Mb)
v***@club-internet.fr
2008-07-28 17:22:41 UTC
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
Hello,
I made a static binary build for CELStart from tagged CS V1.9pre20080725 and
CEL trunk (r3575), which also contains tools like walktest, docconv, cslight, lighter2 and
basemapgen (poor chickens ;-).
I didn't have a chance to checkout and test Apricot SVN yet, so I'd be glad if someone
could tell me if the executables are OK with it...
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/apricot-celstart-py25-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Should be usable for anything else, although that afterwards it struck me that none of
those apps except basemapgen has support for terrain2
(not being listed in static plugins lists).
Probably that should be changed at least for walktest, celstart, and others too...
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/celstart-CSr30562-CELr3575-linux-x86.tar.bz2 (28.2Mb)
Updated again, the last one until I get some feedback ;-)
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/celstart-CSr30587-CELr3589-linux-x86.tar.bz2
I removed the older builds, so I don't get over-quota...
v***@club-internet.fr
2008-07-28 20:39:46 UTC
0.2 NO_REAL_NAME From: does not include a real name
1.0 FORGED_RCVD_HELO Received: contains a forged HELO
Sujet: Re: [Crystal-develop] Apricot-related binary celstart for Linux/x86
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
[...]
Ok, I missed the "build & copy" Python bindings, so I reuploaded a new archive,
same address, 30.2Mb
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/celstart-CSr30587-CELr3589-linux-x86.tar.bz2

Here's a quick transcript of the steps I followed, can be helpful as a reference.
Beware, I didn't test it yet, and may have missed something...

### Those are mainly useful just for me, since I use system-wide Python and ODE
export PYTHON=/opt/python252dyn/bin/python
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CRYSTAL:$CEL:/home/vince/INSTALL/ode-0.9/lib:/opt/python252dyn/lib

# The following 2 directories are your CS & CEL checkout dirs
export SRCCRYSTAL=/path/to/CS/SourceCode
export SRCCEL=/path/to/CEL/SourceCode

# Create the following 2 directories, where stuff will be compiled
export BUILDCRYSTAL=/path/to/empty/CS/BuildDirectory
export BUILDCEL=/path/to/empty/CEL/BuildDirectory

# This is the final directory, where needed stuff will be copied
export FINALDIR=/path/to/empty/FinalDirectory

# Let's go, build static CS & CEL plugins, along with a few useful apps
cd $BUILDCRYSTAL

### You probably want to skip/adapt --with-ode and --with-bullet.
### --without-GTK --without-xaw7 is a matter of taste,
### to not get popup windows for error messages...
$SRCCRYSTAL/configure \
--without-GTK --without-xaw7 \
--with-ode=$HOME/INSTALL/ode-0.9 \
--with-bullet=$HOME/INSTALL/bullet-2.69 \
&& jam staticplugins && jam pythmod \
&& jam walktest_static && jam basemapgen_static \
&& jam docconv_static && jam cslight_static && jam lighter2_static \
&& cp -aR $SRCCRYSTAL/include/* include/ \
&& jam cs-config \
&& cd $BUILDCEL \
&& $SRCCEL/configure && jam staticplugins && jam blcelmod \
&& jam celstart_static && jam bootstrap_static

cd $FINALDIR

# Copy the interesting stuff in the final directory
cp -a $BUILDCRYSTAL/out/linuxx86/optimize/libs/lib*so .
cp -a $BUILDCRYSTAL/*static .
cp -aR $BUILDCRYSTAL/out/linuxx86/optimize/bindings/python/cspace/ .
cp -aR $SRCCRYSTAL/data/ .
cp -a $SRCCRYSTAL/vfs.cfg .
cat $SRCCEL/vfs.cfg >> vfs.cfg
cp -a $BUILDCEL/out/linuxx86/optimize/libs/lib*so .
cp -a $BUILDCEL/*static .
cp -a $BUILDCEL/out/linuxx86/optimize/bindings/python/* .
cp -a $SRCCEL/scripts/pycel.py .

# Wipe unneeded stuff from the data directory
cd data/
rm -rf castle* ceguitest/ colladatest/ cornell/ cube/ fancycon.zip flarge/ \
g2dtest/ isomap/ kwartz.zip parallaxtest/ partsys/ projectortest/ pvstest/ \
r3d* simplelights/ spark* startme.zip stenciltest/ teapot.zip terrain* \
unittest/ water.zip
# Copy some of the CEL data directory content
cp -aR $SRCCEL/data/{config,library,sounds} .

cd $FINALDIR

# Clean a bit more
find -type d -name '.svn' -exec rm -rf {} \;
find -name Jamfile -exec rm {} \;
find -name \*dbg -exec rm {} \;

### Now copy some special dependencies
cp -a /opt/python252dyn/lib/libpython2.5.so.1.0 $FINALDIR
cp -a $HOME/INSTALL/ode-0.9/lib/libode.so $FINALDIR
cp -a /usr/lib/libCg* $FINALDIR
res
2008-08-04 02:54:47 UTC
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/apricot-celstart-py25-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Could you please include wrapper script(s) that set the right CRYSTAL,
CEL, LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and possibly PYTHONPATH) environment vars? I hope
you agree that having to do so manually is rather uncomfortable :P

-f.r.
Alex Fuller
2008-08-04 03:55:17 UTC
http://download.blender.org/ftp/incoming/celstart-1.9-CSr30677-CELr3601-Linux-x86-64.tar.bz2

Using a similar script as vknecht's, but missing some libs (but they
can be apt-get'd with ubuntu and it'll work on x86-64, like libode,
cal3d, python2.5) would I need to put in bullet or cegui libs or are
they embedded into CS? I'll make a .sh for the env variable exports
and see what I can do for a .desktop file so it looks nice and neat,
are there any icons yet for desktops?

The mac one is coming! I just have issues with the jam build for
blcelmod not working with swig (it is getting a few gcc flags which
swig shouldn't get). Also cegui can't compile, and the universal bin
is odd to me...
Post by v***@club-internet.fr
http://ecksdee.sourceforge.net/testing/apricot-celstart-py25-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Could you please include wrapper script(s) that set the right CRYSTAL, CEL,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and possibly PYTHONPATH) environment vars? I hope you agree
that having to do so manually is rather uncomfortable :P
-f.r.
Alex "MistaED" Fuller
http://boberfly.com/
res
2008-08-04 12:20:09 UTC
Post by Alex Fuller
The mac one is coming! I just have issues with the jam build for
blcelmod not working with swig (it is getting a few gcc flags which
swig shouldn't get).
Should be fixed in the latest cel (yeah, I should make some new tags at
some point.)
Post by Alex Fuller
Also cegui can't compile, and the universal bin
is odd to me...
At least for apricot cegui isn't needed.

-f.r.
res
2008-08-04 12:25:31 UTC
Post by Alex Fuller
I'll make a .sh for the env variable exports
IMO all (Linux) builds should use the same wrapper script. So maybe make
sure you + vknecht don't do double work or so ...
Post by Alex Fuller
and see what I can do for a .desktop file so it looks nice and neat,
are there any icons yet for desktops?
There will be YoFrankie icons later on said Pablo. There is a .desktop
file for CELstart in the CEL svn, you could use that as a template.
There is also an icon which you can use for the time being.

Note that I, right now, experiment with 0install, which creates a
desktop file automatically, so it may not be needed (well, if 0install
is used).

-f.r.
Vincent Knecht
2008-08-05 19:30:40 UTC
Post by res
Post by Alex Fuller
I'll make a .sh for the env variable exports
IMO all (Linux) builds should use the same wrapper script. So maybe make
sure you + vknecht don't do double work or so ...
Here's the little celstart wrapper I wrote and tested.
The 0install expects its name to be celstart_wrapper...
#!/bin/sh

DIRNAME=`dirname "$0"`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIRNAME:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CRYSTAL=$DIRNAME
export CEL=$DIRNAME
export PYTHONPATH=$DIRNAME:$PYTHONPATH

if [ -x "$DIRNAME"/celstart ]
then
$DIRNAME/celstart $*
exit 0
elif [ -x "$DIRNAME"/celstart_static ]
then
$DIRNAME/celstart_static $*
exit 0
else
echo "Couldn't find celstart or celstart_static, or they're not executable"
exit 2
fi
-f.r.
Alex Fuller
2008-08-05 23:06:24 UTC
Or you can do it Vincent ;) nice. I'll be at work until 9pm today (9am
atm) so probably won't get time to do anything tonight on the OS X
front but maybe I can just package that script for 64-bit.
http://boberfly.com/
res
2008-08-06 02:48:03 UTC
Wrapper works fine, thanks.

Next issue: you bundle a python .so - good. However, you don't bundle
the stock python classes - not good, prevents python from working,

-f.r.
res
2008-08-06 03:00:15 UTC
Post by res
Wrapper works fine, thanks.
Next issue: you bundle a python .so - good. However, you don't bundle
the stock python classes - not good, prevents python from working,
At least for 0install packaging purposes it might be nice to have python
separated.

-f.r.
Vincent Knecht